wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good report one thing it doesn't take in to affect is the old water delivery systems in the places we live. Like the old pipes and water heaters. This degrades the water quality also. But it is not tested. lots of undissolved particles that come off these pipes.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I was also kind of dissappointed that it didnt give results from the neighborhood water sampling stations. That would have been more informative to residents and fish keepers then telling us the paramaters of the source water.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Forget about what the NYC DEP tells you-they don't want you to get scared. There's a building on Bushwick Ave, the water smell like gas for more than a year but DEP never answered what would be the cause nor the quality of the water. Couple years later, the company who owns gas tank around there announced they did experience petroluem leak which traped in the neighbouring area. I do believe the DEP know what the hack is going on at the time but don't want you to get scared. If all neighbours can smell it, I don't think DEP water test would indicate otherwise.

Last year, NY State found NYC DEP guilty of not announcing the failure of a water processing plant. The letter to me from the State told me that even though the situation is not health threathening but according to the NY State Law, NYC DEP has to announce situation like that to NY residents and report it to the State. As a result, the court fined NYC DEP including fees to pay for the letters mailed to us annoucing the situtation by the State.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: