meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Looking for some input...

I am faced with a decesion.... I can get a EuroReef RS-100 for an even trade...or I can forego the trade and hold out for a bigger skimmer.

Tank Specs. This will be going on a 65 Gallon SPS dominated tank, with a 20 gallon long sump/fuge and a DSB.

I keep my fish load on the light to medium side (for the last five months I have only had a pair of clowns), but then again I have been waiting for a new skimmer so I can add some more fish. Currenlty plan on adding a mandarin, a goby/pistol shrimp combo, and a pygmy angel. That may be all, but you never know.

As I said, I can have an ER RS-100 free and clear. Does anybody have any opinons, think that this skimmer will be sufficient or insufficient?

I MAY be able to trade for the RS-135, but I am concerned about space..

If you don't like these skimmer for my tank...what would you reccomend. I want a needle wheel skimmer due to power consumption and heat concerns.

thanks in advance,

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RS-100 would be an excellent choice for a 65 but it couldn't hurt to go bigger if you have the means to acquire (and the space for) the RS-135. I'm not sure that either will fit in a 20 long though. Be sure to verify that before you pull the trigger. Any chance of upgrading the sump if not?

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Both the RS-100 and the RS-135 will allegedly fit in a 20 gallon long sump. That being said the RS-135 will be more snug. The sump will be upgraded at some point, but it is not high on the priority at this time.

The RS-100 also uses less energy, but it will still be a major upgarade over the power pig that runs my venturi POS

Info from Marine Depot

Model realistic Foot Neck Body Height Air
rating Rating Print Intake

RS100 100gal 250gal 8.5"x10" 3.5" 6" 20" 420lph

RS135 135gal 300gal 10"x 1.5" 3.5" 6" 24" 660lph

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: