jtbone68

King of Mars
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey I am thinking of picking up a Vortech pump are they worth the money$$$,I like the idea that the motor sits outside of the tank because heat is an issue for me if anyone has one how do you like them?.

cjdevito

Grue
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ummmmm :irked: :splitspin dude stop staring at ur tank and go get urself some :flirt: :lol2:
ur taking powerhead to a new level :lol2: :givebeer:

Heh. In all seriousness, it's the best tank-related purchase I think I've ever made in thirty years of aquarium keeping, I'm that impressed with it. Once the wavemaker/controller for it is released I expect to be even more pleased.

jtbone68

King of Mars
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
cjdevito when did you get yours ??? is it one of the newer ones, and what kind of problems do they have ??? I will also search some other posts.

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was the lucky winner of one (along with the battery backup) at the MACNA raffle last weekend. I have yet to hook it up because I've been in a "I'm sick of my tank and I want to do something different" mood lately. LOL

Seriously though, the Ecotech Marine guys claim to have eliminated the problems and the vendors that I spoke with who sell them say that the issues that customers were having appear to be over. Once the controller comes out these things are going to be da bomb. I'll probably be buying a second vortech at that time.

cjdevito

Grue
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
cjdevito when did you get yours ??? is it one of the newer ones, and what kind of problems do they have ??? I will also search some other posts.

I just got it a couple weeks back, from Premium Aquatics. I assume it's one of the newer ones, but unless there's a visual way to check that I don't really know.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: