ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We are still looking for a tank or donations towards a setup
Someone is selling a large setup for $1000 but is willing to go for $500 and a $500 tax deductible receipt so if we can get that $500 it would be awesome.
Anyone who is willing please contact me for # thanks for reading and everyone's help.

ChrisB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have a 36 gallon bow front with a 1500gph gl*******s.com overflow kit installed so its reef ready. its 1 year old your welcome to come check it out

Attachments

• 2013-03-02_15-33-47_169_zps7671bfc3.jpg
    2013-03-02_15-33-47_169_zps7671bfc3.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Although since we have an offer of drilling and plumbing and the overflows from that website look nice and neat that may be an option for a larger non-reef ready tank. Thanks!
The 75 didn't work out because I was drilled on the short side for a commercial sized pipe prob around 5-6" in diameter and I am hoping to keep this as near looking as possible and I'd like to keep as much of the tank in obscured by pipe as possible.

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thank you so much.
I can't tell you how excited my sister was when I told her that you guys had agreed to let us have an ARID reactor for this project.
This project will open up so many different possibilities and opportunities for the students and teachers alike.
The reactor itself is an amazing lesson.
We are still looking for donation towards a tank for this project so we can get the ball rolling on setting it up.
Lots of people out there are trying to help and everything is welcome .-)
Also trying to get a diy led kit for the kids to build as a way to make this project their own.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hey, I grew up on staten island and would have no problem helping. Wish any of the schools on the island had a tank back in the day maybe I would have stayed in there! Whatever you need let Pop Corals know and or call me directly anytime.
Allen 917 923 6767
Someone had mentioned maintaining some local harbor livestock, I maintained a 2000 gallon plus tank at the NY Harbor School(holds stripe bass, black fish, sea bass,sea robins, fluke and I occasionally have to fish out a south American cichlid that the staff just "had" to add. The school has a fishing class to stock the tank, now that's a school! These fish need cooler temps and much lower salinity and huge environments not recommended for a smaller budget, just my 2 cents on that note. Good Luck With Everything

ChrisB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hey, I grew up on staten island and would have no problem helping. Wish any of the schools on the island had a tank back in the day maybe I would have stayed in there! Whatever you need let Pop Corals know and or call me directly anytime.
Allen 917 923 6767
Someone had mentioned maintaining some local harbor livestock, I maintained a 2000 gallon plus tank at the NY Harbor School(holds stripe bass, black fish, sea bass,sea robins, fluke and I occasionally have to fish out a south American cichlid that the staff just "had" to add. The school has a fishing class to stock the tank, now that's a school! These fish need cooler temps and much lower salinity and huge environments not recommended for a smaller budget, just my 2 cents on that note. Good Luck With Everything

Is that the tank in the school on Governers Island, I work there once in a while?

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yes sir, hope it's doing good, My old company was told that the students were going to maintain it. I had to show the teachers a few things for water changes, rodi maintance etc. Unfortunately I saw the tank going downhill each week as far as parameters, probably not good. If you see it again let me know how it's looking.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: