• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
That's true man , but I was never aware of how much of the ocean this hobby can claim!

Can this hobby be outlawed someday!!??

Maybe? If they keep catching thieves like Country Critters and only fining them 10,000 and two years probation.
If you ask me it should have been $100,000 and he should be put out of business. That would assure no other greedy basted would do illegal collecting.

They will never get a penny from me ever again and if everyone ells does their part maybe we as responsible reef keepers can make a difference.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Jeez somebody sounds mad. If your not going to contribute anything positive to the conversation you should probably stay out of it.

I did contribute, but you didn't like what I had to say. If everyone left the hobby the oceans and reefs would be better off. That's a true statement and I don't care if it upset you, they say the truth hurts and I guess this one hit you where it hurts.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Maybe? If they keep catching thieves like Country Critters and only fining them 10,000 and two years probation.
If you ask me it should have been $100,000 and he should be put out of business. That would assure no other greedy basted would do illegal collecting.

They will never get a penny from me ever again and if everyone ells does their part maybe we as responsible reef keepers can make a difference.

I agree with you 100%, but there are so many legal loopholes that he can have another shop up and running tomorrow.

n3hihz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I did contribute, but you didn't like what I had to say. If everyone left the hobby the oceans and reefs would be better off. That's a true statement and I don't care if it upset you, they say the truth hurts and I guess this one hit you where it hurts.

That's partially true, there's still other destructive thing occurring. Overfishing, illegal fish market, commercial fishing the tear apart reef floors, etc.

Everything just need to be done in moderation to make it sustainable, which is why I thought Obama's propose ocean sanctuary is a good idea but probably wont happen.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
A good and balanced read to lend some perspective.
http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2014/01/31/8759/

Aquarium-Fisher-Solomons.jpg

So gangster - business casual Fridays!

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
it's a business like poaching & drugs - as much as you try to "stop" it, it will continue as long as there's demand for product - dollars and nonsense. it's a fine line between hobbyist and opportunist.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Then be responsible and buy aquaculture or mariculture its the only way to be sure.

can you be sure thats where it came from, unless buying out of a hobbyist tank.
like buying fish that were harvested with cyanide. from what i under stand this still happens. how many times i buy fish and a month or 2 later they perish, while still eating and looking healthy.
we can try but theirs no way to be sure.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: