Oddomatic

Reef Enthusiast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't always feed food pellets to my corals, but when I do, I wanted to share a little trick I've learned over my trials and errors with target feeding. As a quick side note, I always found target feeding pellets like Marin Fauna LPS to my acans, ect, to be a royal PITA...So I devised a method that is super simple, and allows me to feed each polyp successfully without ever getting my hands wet. This makes the days that I pellet feed, quick and easy, like pellet feeding should be. Here's what I did. First I went to the supermarket and bought a bunch of neon flexible straws. Then I connected the ends together by cutting a small slice with a pair of scissors on the male side of each connection. Then I rolled the cut ends so they fit into the female sides without any kinked spots. Once you have this telescoped tube built to whatever length you need, you can bend the straws to position the bottom end over any coral while having the top end out of the water. Then you can simply drop the pellet in the top, it will sink slowly along the inside of the straw before finally reaching the coral and falling right in its mouth. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. In case your wondering why I chose neon straws, I did that because my night time actinic lights make neon straw glow brilliantly for easy guidance after lights out. I hope this helps someone out there. I know it helps me!

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Thanks for sharing, cheap and easy, the way this hobby should be

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: