DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well the mini's dont come w/ the optional A/C kit. Prbly works out better this way. Ive got manage my funds astutely.;)

Now one more question for all you scoundrels,

Has anyone ever taken a wire brush to their rocks to remove that red carpet like algae. Rich I think u know what I mean. the nutrient poor lover

steve68

Reefer Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used a circular wire wheel on my drill to get rid of it all
& it worked but i think after u do get rid of it u need to let the
rock dry outside because in 6 months it came back.
& epson salt was the fuel that i need it !!!!! what was i thinking !
from this

2-3-06-8.jpg

to this
2-5-06-2.jpg

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
check the facts on the 10K XM's SE, it runs the bulest (PPFD @ 12300K) and brighter PAR on mag 58 ballasts. Thats why I run mag's. Alot of the icecaps run them with more a yellow tinge, 9000K if i remember properly, check it out for your self on sanjay's site

XM 10K gets most PAR/PPFD from M80's not M58

Attachments

• XM10K on M58 and M80.jpg
    XM10K on M58 and M80.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 98
  • XM10K on IC and M80.jpg
    XM10K on IC and M80.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 94

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
cali can you post the Lumenarcs with the Ice cap 250 ballast

Get off the crack man, Luminarcs are reflectors and we are talking about bulb colors and PAR values in my last post.

But here are two graphs showing Luminarc III and the Mini, look at the light coverage but don't compare the PPFD numbers becuse one is with a 400W bulb and the mini is with a 250W.

Attachments

• fig11-small-diamond-light-top.gif
    fig11-small-diamond-light-top.gif
    80.8 KB · Views: 93
  • fig16-diamond-light-top.gif
    fig16-diamond-light-top.gif
    88.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Personally I would go w/ the mini- the normal sized Lumenarcs are pretty large (19.5") and will take up a lot of room over your tank- especially if you are planning on adding actinic bulbs on the sides, which will add to the space requirements.

You need to have the SE bulb at least 12" from your water to prevent water from splashing on it, this hight is going to give you all the spread of light you will need w/ the mini IMHO.

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Of course! its HQI :splitspin, Im saying relative to color. check the ccct!, which also goes to say something:

why underdrive the bulb and get 9Kish on an icecap when you can get an HQI overdrive and get same thing. Now the m58 ;)

XM 10K gets most PAR/PPFD from M80's not M58

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Personally I would go w/ the mini- the normal sized Lumenarcs are pretty large (19.5") and will take up a lot of room over your tank- especially if you are planning on adding actinic bulbs on the sides, which will add to the space requirements.

You need to have the SE bulb at least 12" from your water to prevent water from splashing on it, this hight is going to give you all the spread of light you will need w/ the mini IMHO.

Ive had my bulbs 6" no problem always. I think at 6-9 will be my personal desired height.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: