lunner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Hi

In my refugium, there is a few types of micro algae. One is Chaeto, and there is also a type of Caulerpa I got from a fellow MR member. It is thicker and deeper in green then the Chaeto I got. Anyone know anything about this algae?

Thanks

remy109

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Caulerpa grows very fast. They can actually out grow your chaeto which happened to me now their stick all over the LR =(. I also got a free bag of cheato from tiger lily, I have decided to only keeping chaeto in the new tank setup.

lunner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Here are somne pics. The thinner is Chaeto right? What about the thicker ones?

chaeto3.JPG

chaeto2.JPG

chaeto.JPG

chaeto1.JPG

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
It all looks like chaetomorpha. However, in the last picture, the chaeto on the left looks malnourished of nutrients or light. It also has accumulated much more detritus, which would be a flow issue.

ReeferGoneMad

I Smoke Live Rocks
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i agree it looks like chaetomorpha to me. If deanos is right and its not a different variety. disperse it more evenly in ur tank and blow it off with a turkey baster to remove excess detrius. within time it will all be healthy and dark green. could also be a different variety but both are chaetomorpha.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: