Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Greek god
Reefer Ratings: (11 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
c02 regulator problem

I have a Korallin Co2 reactor and have been having serious problem getting a constant steady flow of bubbles. I'm not sure what's wrong, but it seems that the flow rate works well for about 15 minutes then gradually slows to a halt. I then open the small adjustment valve on to regulartor slightly and it starts going for 15 minutes, then slows to a halt. I have done this over and over again until the small valve is completely open, yet it somehow slows to a halt. I'm sure that the MAIN valve is open (and has co2 in it) and I also have the middle valve screwed tight to about 15 psi.

Could it be the gold metal thing (sorry have no idea what the name is) that goes between the co2 tank and the Korallin unit that's busted?

Thanks,
Nate