Rating - 100%
34   0   0
okay I'm gonna try and set up box to run cheato so i need a little help never ran it before so here is what I'm thinking let me know if you think it will work also what should me lighting schedule be

here is my idea:

Im gonna get a simple container about 6"w X 14"l X 14"h have a small pump pull water from the sump right next to it and let it drain back into the sump via gravity and put a clamp on lamp on the container so do you think this will work out I'm going this route because i do not have room in my current sump so thats not an option so looking for alternate solution

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
You can get hang on back refugiums. If you have decent flow in your tank I would skip the additional pump. I did something similar with a shower caddy i got at the dollar store. It has suction cups.

Dan_P

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a straightforward design.

Questions that come to mind:
-Is the box rigid enough so it does not bow when filled?
-Will the sump tolerate the weight of the filled container?
-Will the clamp fail for any reason? Corrode?
-Is the return to the sump fool proof? Can it flood the floor?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Sounds like a straightforward design.

Questions that come to mind:
-Is the box rigid enough so it does not bow when filled?
-Will the sump tolerate the weight of the filled container?
-Will the clamp fail for any reason? Corrode?
-Is the return to the sump fool proof? Can it flood the floor?

yes it should be btw i changed it up a little now its gonna be 8"w X 22"l X 14"h and made of 1/4" plexi so with the depth being only 8" it won't bow and also there will be a two plexi rods to hold it in and it should hold up well it will be on a shelf which is bolted into the studs on the wall there won't be a clamp instead the pump will fill from the bottom causing a slight tumble and all parts will be pvc the return will be gravity fed straight down into the main sump everything will be glued together

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: