autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
wassup ......i recently got a free mangrove plant for the fuge......but the top portion was cut off.......i submerged the plant into the fuge.....and it started growing mold :irked: ....i know im supose to let the top part stick out of the water.....but i dont have a top part!.....anyone have suggestions.....?
i just took the plant out today and rinsed it......and it had a smelly odor.....so i took a cup and filled it with some aquarium water and have half of the plant stick out of the water.......im trying to save it......will it actually grow back like a seedling with the leaf sprouts?

Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm guessing it's a dead or close to it. From my experience with them, if they lose all their leaves your done. They really are'nt very good at exporting nutrients, unless you want to have a Mangrove to look at, it's not worth the effort IMO.

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
really its dying?......well....i have it sitting in a cup of water....if i dont see any progress or more mold...ill throw in in the trash...i have some chaetoin the sump already.........any suggestions on lighting.....a cheap and good solution?kelvin rating?

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
even with no leaves, it can regenerate new ones. the top part still stills to be out of the water though. only the roots needs to be submerge in water. if the plant feels light n soft(usually kinda wrinklely n black), it is dead. it also smells. throw away so it wont pollute the water.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I second that--if it is brownish or black and dehydrated, it's a goner. The propagule (that cigar-shaped thing) is supposed to be nice and green and firm. And yes, you can just get the propagule and have it sprout roots and a stem, but this one won't--

Christine

autoponicz