powder blue 3000

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all fellow reefers, im in the market for a quality skimmer for a 250gal. mix tank sps,lps,300ilb of live rock around 20 med size fishes. I've read the skimmer thread on mr. which is an excellent thread of information on all types of skimmer, but doesn't make my choice any easier. Here is my hyperthetical, if you had btw $500-$700 buget for a skimmer what would be your choice oh must be a in sump skimmer no tall then 28inches........

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
imo that's a tough budget to work with
unless you find a great deal on a used skimmer I don't think you'll find one in that price range to handle that volume of water.

sounds like it will be a great tank though, 250g is a real nice size.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
imo that's a tough budget to work with
unless you find a great deal on a used skimmer I don't think you'll find one in that price range to handle that volume of water.

sounds like it will be a great tank though, 250g is a real nice size.

What J said -

Nothing, unless it's used - especially since you're limited to 28" - not alot to work with - most of the skimmers that support that size volume in that price range (hig ond of $700) are over 28" plus you'll need to leave room for taking the cup off.

House

efisher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the AquaC skimmers. I used the hangon when I had my 60 gallon with no issues and to be honest the tank did wonderful with it and I had a heavy fish and coral load for a 60 gallon.

powder blue 3000

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do guys think about trigger systems TS800 twin beckett rated for 700gal. ? I might get divorce if i go higher than 1000 :shhh::shhh: but i"ll take that chance :eek::eek::eek: any skimmer 1000 and under....

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Trigger systems makes great quality components and users on RC have given it good reviews. The fact that its a beckett means you have power!!! Just ask Cali or Rich.

Rather than modifying your stand and possibly the integrity of it you should ask trigger systems to make you a shorter version. Look in the "custom" section and you will see what I mean.

But for the money you might be better off lurking on the RC for sale section. There are plenty of skimmers that go through there.

powder blue 3000

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Herm, i wouldn't need anything customize the Trigger sys. TS800 would fit perfect 26' tall but not a lot of user infomation on them :irked:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I honestly feel that an MRC dual beckett driven by a Pan world 200PS pump or some other equivelent will easily handle that volume of water. I ran this on a 120G and it was an absolute monster. Beat the piss out of a bubble king or deltec or H+S skimmer.
I'm sure when Cali reef chimes in he'll recommend a Barr Aquatic beckett which is probably a better choic than an MRC but I'm not sure of the dimensions.

Basically for your price range and performance needs and space restrictions, a beckett is the only way to go.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: