• yes

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • no

Votes: 35 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

DEEPWATER

just curious to know how many ppl qt their fish ,i dont but i dont buy fish any more either

Last edited:

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
lol you're going to hear a i should do it response from mostly everybody....
hmm
yea ur gona get the same from me.

I should QT my fish but ... time isnt there and im lazy and im risking the life of my fish by not QT'ing the newcommers. :(

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i dont but i only have a very small tank, i guess it is more important the more fish and more expensive they are, ans senesitivity to disease. I can set up a hospital tank if needed.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I never did when I had fish in my tank :)irked: mantis...) but then again I do not have room for even a 10g qt tank in my apt. I never had a problem luckily. I also have never qt'd a coral...

efisher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here. i have done it in the past when I first started out and no matter what you do my tangs got ich. Doesnt faze me anymore. I just use garlic with the food when I see it which isnt often anymore. Besides that i have been lucky with no other fish sickness.

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have a QT tank set up in case of emergency, but don't QT unless I have reason to believe that the fish may be sick. If I buy from a store, I check every fish in the tank for signs of problems and if I buy from a fellow reefer I'd hope they'd disclose any problems.

Not ideal, but I do have a QT tank ready!

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I have a QT tank set up in case of emergency, but don't QT unless I have reason to believe that the fish may be sick. If I buy from a store, I check every fish in the tank for signs of problems and if I buy from a fellow reefer I'd hope they'd disclose any problems.
Good one, but most are quick to talk about success, but very reluctant to post failure.
I always do after a costly mistake in the past.

IF YOU DON'T QT YOU'RE A DEE DEE DEE!!!!!
^^^ most intelligent comment yet.
I QT. When I posted a similar thread a few months ago, I was considered an amature by many of the holier than thou who can see parasites, virus and bacteria before they even walk in the store.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
trust me ppl you need to QT your fish .,I dont QT fish anymore for one reason ,that is i dont buy anymore fish .But i lost a tank full of expensive fish do to brooklynnla(spelling) its a good thing to QT all fish at all times ,I do have a 10 gal ready with med on hand if i ever do have a problem with a fish .

EG99

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Need I say more?

In not bragging about my not qting any fish ive have purchased in nine years. And im not saying that you should or shouldnt qt your fish. So since you pointed me the noob out, yes ive have had lost fish before like anyone else, but not for reason of not qting them first.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: