andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
:eek: My original RO/DI system was in the kitchen, used for drinking and my tank. I usually either just get a few gallons from the pressure tank at a time for topoff water. When I'm making more than that for water changes, I usually set my alarm watch to make sure I don't overflow. Well, we were going out for my birthday and after chasing my 3-year olds all over to get them into the car, strapped in, etc, I forgot!!!

Came home to find this! The water had overflown. The kitchen floor had soaked through into the basement ceiling, which then came down! The ceiling had to be repaired, the entire carpeting replaced, couch barely salvaged, the kitchen floor is still warped (contractor can't figure out how to fix it without taking up all cabinetry and appliances), the kids' lamb had to be put to sleep:lol:

CIMG1796.jpg

CIMG1797.jpg

CIMG1798.jpg

CIMG1800.jpg

CIMG1802.jpg

To my wife's credit, my tank and I are still alive! Now I have use a float switch!

Andy

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Andy, condolences man - I have done this before, but not to where the cieling fell in etc - man, you're wife is a saint - buy her something nice for us and ask her to rub that karma off on the rest of the wifes!!!! :)

Only thik I can't understand is why wouldn't you have a Float switch - it's one of the cheapest pieces of equipment we can get our hands on.

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: