Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Everyone, sorry for all these threads but I just can't put all these question in one thread as I eventually think of different ones lol

Just wondering how should I stock this tank?

150 gallon 48x24x30 (LxWxH) with corner over flow
Sump 40x13x18
Filtersock
Classin 220 Reef Octo rated for 300 gallons
K1 Moving Bed Filter
(May throw other reactors like phosban)
Return pump rated at 2400 with head height in mind the tank will be filtered at an 11x per hour turnover
Jebao Wave Makers to help with flow..

Aiming for once a month 30-50% water changes.

For stock I must 100% have a BlueFace AngelFish as the boss of the house wants it. Of coarse if it was to ever get to big for the tank I will have no problem letting it go for its own good health. However since this fish will be the most favorable of the tank I want it to be bigger than the rest to simply have an advantage in case it was to be bothered.

So Im think for tank mates: NOT SET IN STONE JUST A THOUGHT! so I'm open to suggestions Loll

Blue Face Angel around 5-6 inches
Australian Harlequin Tusk 4-5 inches
Green Bird Wrasse 3 inches (Want this one to be the smallest of the bunch as I had one and it was somewhat aggressive than again it was the biggest fish in the tank)
Trigger Fish 3-4 inches (one of the nicer ones like Blue Jaw or Niger)
Yellow tang 3-4 inches (Or a hogfish)

(Also I'm thinking of a zebra eel to give that predator tank feel, if yes it will be at around 12 inches or smaller)

Too me it sounds like a great stock list but thats just me, Who do you think should be added first to the tank? Than the next....the next...the next...last?

I think the Blue Face defiantly has to go first so it won't get bullied...but will it bother the incoming tank mates?

Also the first fish won't be quarantined as It will be the first in the setup after cycled. Every fish after that will be quarantined for at least 2-3 weeks or what ever is recommended length of quarantine.

Thanks appreciate all the help and once again IM VERY OPEN TO OTHER SUGGESTIONS OF TANK-MATES FOR THE BLUE FACE!

Lol sorry to put that in all caps just really trying to stress the idea that I enjoy everyone's opinions on here especially on tank mates and get to hear your experiences!

The last should probably be the yellow tang as from experience they can be aggressive.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
If you plan on QTing might as well start with the first. Hoping it won't happen but if something were to that would mean having to wait on stocking while you fix anything. My fowlr tanks is all high end fish and it is the tank I learned to QT on. Since then I QT everything as its really not that much work once you get the hang of it. Hardest thing to find is space (at least for me so I use the bath tub).

Also for some reason Tusks always seem to be big. I was looking for a smaller one for a long time (Australian) and haven't seen on yet.

If you ever want a Maze Angel let me know I have one now that will eventually be too big for my tank and am looking for a new home.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I would add the angel and the tusk together: the tusk I had was a nasty SOB: let them get acclimated to one another and tank at same time. I have never had that wrasse, sounds like your experience maybe that should be last one added depending on what trigger you go with. The clown triggers are nice looking but nasty as well. I can't say I have had the other ones you mentioned
Sounds like your putting together a nice tank, good luck with it

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
I have a nice green bird wrasse 7" not mean at all, also the angel will be the most delicate, tusks if the right size do fine to, stay away from the triggers

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: