evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I saw this on reef central and thought it was neat. I didn't write about it until now since I just saw my own experience with a zombie coral!

I honestly keep most of the corals or plugs in my tank long after they melt away for the just in case. Especially when I go on a dry spell for not taking care of my tank.

Well,one of my remaining sps were a red planet and setosa. The red planet was complete discolored and looked extremely horrible so I tossed it. It was on my rock directly attached so some remnants were left on. I didn't pay attention to it for about a month now and I just finished checking on my tank and voila. I can see it all colored up green and growing back. It's not much but if my tank stays stable as it should I think it'll be back and kicking!

My Rasta colony is coming back after being eaten to death. I just dipped in revive yesterday for *****and giggles and it looks like 4-5 heads are opening. Babies but still all I need is one to regrow my colony!! Same goes for my jokers that I lost.

Loving it!

So what did you think you lost but grew back from near nothing?

Post pictures of the before and after if you have it!

Last edited by a moderator:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Yeah, most are unlikely to survive but awesome when it's literally gone and comes back from almost nothing.

I guess no one else tries to save dead coral?

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I love me some red planet. So that would be awesome if it comes back to show siZe piece. Any of your corals that came back give you that coral satisfaction vs buying a big colony?

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Had a 2 head purple frogspawn...that I left on top of my tank.....I was planning on moving it and as I took it out the tank something else caught my attention(non tank related) and completely forgot it was there. I ended up leaving for about 4 hours. I came home and it was completely dried out. I could not see any tissue at all just skeleton. I was so pissed off I just hit back into the tank and it sank to the bottom....I was cleaning up the sand bed about 3 weeks later and to my surprise about a 1/4 of one head was still alive.....i glued it to a rock and now a month later half the head is back....it's amazing how resilient coral are....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: