scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have small variety of SPS, LPS, and a leather.....I feed cyclop-ezze, oyster eggs, mysis, etc. How much and how often should I be feeding my corals?
Specificly The Cyclop-ezze -it comes in a frozen stick- how much should be shaved off and fed at one time- same with the oyster eggs- they came in a small ($$$)plastic container. How much to scoop out and feed from this? I have been shaving off a small chunk about the size of a pea for the Cyclop. and half that for the oyster eggs. I thaw out in a fine net, mix with tank water- and suck this up into a turkey baster.I then blast the food over the corals (monti caps)and let it swirl around the tank (112g) with the powerheads turned off- twice a week.
I squirt the mysis right onto the polyps of the sps which they geedily suck down.
Am I over doing it, doing it right, or do I need to be doing something else?

techreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about this too. I've just started spot-feeding the hitchhiker corals that came w/ my LR, placing mysis shrimp on their polyps and letting them retract w/ the loot. I've also been feeding the tank DT's for 2 months, every other day. I just found the frozen stick of Cyclopeeze at a LFS. It was expensive, so I'm guessing it's pretty concentrated stuff. How much of it should I be using?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: