Tbag

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 110gal 30" high for 2 years with tangs and other fish (10 total)with over 100lbs of live rock. (never had coralina allergy)I'm looking for a change and would like to sloooowly get into corals etc.. First thing i replace was lighting, (Metal Halid)next I'd like upgrade my external 1200 mag return pump, the water return seems slow. ??I wondering if i need more water circulation for good filtration?? Should I upgrade or increase gallons per hour and stay with an external Mag, but I heard Mag's put out a lot of heat. Is this true even though this is an external pump? If so what brand do you recommend and how many gallons do you suggest in a 110 gallon tank? Is it true that you need to also consider what your overflow can handle? Any information/suggestion is greatly appreciated.
I know this is just the beginning to a long road ahead. Thank you.
:splitspin

home wrecker

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
if u upgrade your return pump your goin to have to much water flowin into your main tank an not enough water comin from your main tank into your sump ........the sump with run out of water an your main tank might overflow

Tbag

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water flow might seem low because the output nozzle is spit into two. Should I put it back to one?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: