Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
my true percs died overnight. what happened? they were fine the day before. also, one of them is in the back of the tank behind the rocks. and i cant get him out without moving the rocks. can i leave it or should i get it out? please help

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
get it out take a look at it, alot of the clowns i had previously would breath heavily and not eat, you should take it out and QT it and see if it eats, heavily breathing etc. i've delt with leaving them in the main display crossin my fingers but they seem to never make it that way

it could be that diesese that starts with a B lol i forgot how to pronouce it so cant evne try to spell it somone should post it up shortly tho

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
there's no signs of any disease. i believe the smaller one died first cuz i couldn't find him. then the female went this morning. but the female look very depressed before she went. she slept in their spot alone. could they die from the death of their mate?

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
How large is your water volume?

If it is signficant (over 100g) and you have scavengers such as crabs and shrimps then it wouldn't really be noticeable.
I've had multiple 3+ inch tangs die behind my rockwork in a 120g with no adverse impact on my levels. Good skimmer will also help but scavengers are a must.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
there's no signs of any disease. i believe the smaller one died first cuz i couldn't find him. then the female went this morning. but the female look very depressed before she went. she slept in their spot alone. could they die from the death of their mate?

Sorry for the lost.

So I assume you checked and did not find any slim coming out when it die and that they did not breath heavily when they die, right. Well that remove a lot of the possibility of visible dieases. However, a dead body may still contain other diease which will spread if not removed. Just in case it's contagious, remove it.

If I remember correctly, you have something like 200G(right?), if so, a small fish death would hardly raise your ammonium level.

Will a clown die because of the mate's death-not sure but I am sure(even though many member would think I am crazy), it will tremendously affect the mental health of the living ones and thus lead to poor physical health. Of course, your case does not compare to the following which indicate a graduate health decline due to lost of its habitat then rebound when the appropriate environment is re-established while yours is more like a direct diease. But I think the case below does indicate that clown fish seem very attached to their surroundings.

Check out this thread:
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/reefs-beginners/15947-my-clowns-not-coming-out-please-help.html

They swim around a green anemone and they were eating before I got them
Garlic and selcon did not work
Letting them alone to get used to the tank did not work
Feeding them from the other side did not work
A guy who frequent there, gave me a real green one and my fish go right at it and rub his body over it. The fish seems very happy to see the green anemone. Finally, it seems going the right direction.:inlove:
My clown and the anemone are doing very good. The fish would come to my hands during feeding and share with the anemone. Both are getting fat.
"

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: