Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I know I have seen this topic somewhere but could not find it. I was thinking of moving my Crocea clam from a metal halide (150 watt) to a tank that is 12 inches high with a coralife 4*65 watt compact fluorescents.

Is this ok or will the clam suffer?

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have had a crocea about 4-6" under my PCs for about a year- looks healthy and there is shell growth, but I know it would probably do even better under MH. I wouldn't put it any further from the PCs than that though...

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
A few years ago, I kept croceas under VHOs for about a year and moved them to halides and noticed much better color and faster growth in just a few months. Why do you want to move it?

I am trying to move all of my coral into my 120 and 40 gallon reefs. I don't have to move him I just thought he would have more room. I will eventually have halids over the 40 gallon long so maybe I should wait. If he can live ok under the VHOs for a 2-4 weeks than I will move him. Electricity bill is the main factor. 3 reef tanks = $$ in Con Ed's Pocket

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: