Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Hello MR,
I want to share with you my new bare bottom black starboard mixed reef.
I drained my tank, vaccumed all my fine grade sand and replaced the stand with a custom piece of 1/2" starboard. . I love look and no longer have to blow sand off my lps. All my parameters still seem unchanged. . I run zeovit so I have a very low nutrient tank. I'll keep everyone posted on how it working out for me and if you have any question don't hesitate ask. One of the best decisions I have made in the hobby other than switching from led to t5. I purchased the board from cuttingboardcompany.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 235

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
That sort of defeats the purpose of BB. Put a power head at the bottom of the tank if a little dirt bothers you to keep it from settling :) . I love my BB. My calcium doesn't deplete quickly like with sand, I can blast the power heads as much as I want and it looks so much cleaner

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Your black starboard looks cool. I use a half inch thick white starboard on my 240 cube and love the reflection it makes as if it's sand. The other reason to use it is to protect the glass bottom of my tank to prevent dropping a rock on it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: