• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
I just receive my Luxcore and my 250w 20k Radium bulb in the mail today. I put the setting to 250hqi and the bulb didnt fire up. It lit up alil like it wanted to but then just went out. I turn the setting to regular 250w and the same problem. What could it be?

Attachments

• l1.jpg
    l1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 146
  • l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 143
  • l3.jpg
    l3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 147

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
put it on the 250 HQI setting and leave it on...been running them for a few years now and sometimes it takes awhile (5-20min or longer) for them to fire up a new bulb....I just changed out my bulbs and ballasts..I'm running Hamilton M80 HQIs and one bulb took about about 5 min and the other almost 20min the first time...now they fire up right away. I tried an old bulb to chcek my wiring and ballasts and the old bulbs fired up right away so I knew it was good.

Marek-S

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
put it on the 250 HQI setting and leave it on...been running them for a few years now and sometimes it takes awhile (5-20min or longer) for them to fire up a new bulb....I just changed out my bulbs and ballasts..I'm running Hamilton M80 HQIs and one bulb took about about 5 min and the other almost 20min the first time...now they fire up right away. I tried an old bulb to chcek my wiring and ballasts and the old bulbs fired up right away so I knew it was good.

There you go - patience is all we need some times :) , but I think Mike is up to something , it may take few minuets to fire up so give it a try

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: