jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
once a week for ca and alk and mg.

sg just for water changes.

temp a few times a day.

with sps and clams you need to fine tune the dosing amounts more often, thus you end up testing more.

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Newbie here, so I test once a week. I have a nano, so it is important to keep tabs on my 12G. I have a Seachem ammonia monitor hanging inside the water (turns colors if there is a spike), temp at least once daily.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
well, it's really just me looking at the digital read out on the chiller everytime I walk by it ;)

but the alarm is not a bad idea also :)

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Test? or monitor?

My tank's PH, temp, SG gets logged once every ten minuets, I see the noon reading on my cellphone everyday and a graph of the readings at night.

I test N03, PO4, KdH, Ca, and Mg weekly. Ca, Ph, and Kdh of the water change water are tested everytime a new bucket of salt is open.

charile1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Test? or monitor?

My tank's PH, temp, SG gets logged once every ten minuets, I see the noon reading on my cellphone everyday and a graph of the readings at night.

I test N03, PO4, KdH, Ca, and Mg weekly. Ca, Ph, and Kdh of the water change water are tested everytime a new bucket of salt is open.

Damn you are hardcore.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Well you check for the oxygen consumption of your live rock, you might as well check for the biggies. lol:irked:
Let me guess... you wear Obsession by Calvin Klein? :tongue1:

Who said I check the oxygen consumption? Do you feel there are needs to check for the validity of a nitrogen cycle in a well established reef tank?

And FYI, I don't use any perfume, those are for biotchs.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
In the past I was testing only when things looked like they where not going well. Recently I have been testing Alk and Ca at least every other day as I am trying to get a handle on my uptake. My SPS have started to take off, and my Alk and Ca needs have dramaticly increased over the last couple of months. I also look at PH daily, but that is easy with a monitor, Magnesium I test monthly (if I remember)

That being said, I can't remeber the last time I did a Nitrate, Amonia or phosphate test.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
in an established tank there would be no reason to test for ammonia or nitrite, they would not be present.

I just tested my NO3 and Po4 both are not detectable using salifert and seachem kits .
:groupflip

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: