Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I have a 40 gallon quarentine tank with a divider in the middle. I have a 4-5 inch blue face angel in there for almost two weeks and his cloudy eye/with white fuz on them is completely gone and he is an eating machine. I just added a purple tang with icy and maybe something else on his eyes...I had to add the purple tang as my cousin couldn't set up a QT. Every 3 days I add prazipro two teaspoons, just like described on the bottle and it has done very very very well for the blue face however pretty sure it doesn't work with icy for the tang. So how should i add the cupramine? I don't have a copper test kit...so Im probably just going to follow the directions on the bottle and dose accordingly. Is that ok?

Also If the blue face stays healthy and the tang gets healthy I plan on adding them back to their tanks sometime in december

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
A week worth of prazipro usually works for preventative for worms. I would finish the week with prazipro If you didn't already.

I would NOT dose Cu without being able to test for it. You may want to look into treating with hypo salinity. I just treated my Achilles, Tomini, yellow, clowns and chromis with it for ich and I have no signs of it.

If you do go with Cupramine, do a series of waterchanges to remove the prazipro than dose the cupramine once you can test for it. I know people have used both together but IMO mixing chemicals does not appeal to me.

Good luck.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I've actually dose copper and prazipro together without any problems, and you'll find many others have too without any issues. What you don't want to do is do Hypo and use these things as they become more potent at lower SG levels. And, yes anytime you use copper you should always test it, as too little doesn't work and too much will kill things.

Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks everyone, i appreciate the help. I defintly have enough info to start the quarantine the right way, will be picking up a copper test kit tomorrow. Im actually done with prazipro, since the blue face is 100% visibly healthy no more cloudy eyes with fungus on them. So pretty much it will be strict cupramine...the only question i have now is how often to do water changes?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: