Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Due to my tank crashing last weekend, I don't feel safe putting anything new in it, so I took on work this weekend (I really need the money more than I need frags anyway). I am paid for my admission to the frag swap, so anyone paying at the door can have my ticket. Please PM me if you are interested. This really sucks as I have been looking forward to this swap for some time now, I guess I will have to meet you guys another time. Sometimes I think I have the worst luck/timing in the world.

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Wow Dave, I knew nothing about your crash. I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you know the reason it crashed? If you have another thread that I missed, please link me to it? Let us know when you're up and running again. HOF will make sure you get off on the right foot ;) .

R

Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Other than something falling or being spilled into the tank, I have no idea what could have happened. The wall is cut out right behind the tank and on the other side is the stairway going upstairs, I'm thinking one of the kids might have dropped something in it. The top of the tank is perfect height for this to happen. I went out overnight on Saturday, when I got home sunday afternoon it was a mess. The Ph was at best 7.4 (this is as low as my test kit goes), I did massive water changes and got the Ph back up, I completely lost my Xenia, my Shrooms are all shriveled up My prize collection of 25 different Zoa's are all closed and my 2 Toadstools have yet to stand up or extend their polyps.Since Sunday I've changed about 80 gallons of water (total capacity of system minus rock and sand is 40 gal.)to keep the Ph up, and the Ammonia started to rise on Monday, it got to .25, But with water changes it has not gotten higher. I think most of the Ammonia was from the Xenia.

The only good news,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No more flatworms!

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
No more flatworms could be a mixed blessing. Whatever killed them, if they were in large enough proportions, could have also caused them to release their toxins. I would run carbon aggressively too.

swimmer

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
sorry to hear about your tank crashing Psycho, you should run info that way the experts in the board (yes some of you guys are EXPERT aquarists) can help you

techreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your tank Psycho. But hang on and I bet your zoas, etc. may recover in a while. at least you caught things fairly quickly and did the water changes. I have yet to meet the RC crew in person, but anything that I can offer from my meager tank to help out (caulerpa? gorilla crab? whelk? :) ) is there for the asking.

I'm bummed to not be able to make the frag swap this weekend either, but will keep trying. Good luck with your recovery period, man.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: