autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
wassup.....i recently came got some rock that was in a big tub with a little bit of water......i dont know how long it was in there......i would say i have about 2-3 pounds....the rock doesnt smell like rotten eggs...actually it doesnt smell like anything but maybe a slight ocean smell.....im wondering if its possible to give it a good wash and put it into my 10gallon...i got about 12 pounds of LR and about 1" or sand.....i have 2 fishes in there and some coral......will the rocks give me a ammonia spike and hurt my livestock?:irked:

also is this aptasia?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/toisanjim/DSCN0068.jpg

Last edited:

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I wouldn't do it.

Why chance it?

You have already have live-stock in there & that's a small system.
There can be a slight effect, even with the small amount you want to put in.
You don't know the amount of die-off the rock has.
Put the rocks in a bucket with some fresh SW & a powerhead......then check the levels in about a week or 2.

& Nope. That's not aiptasia. It's a Button polyp.:)

Last edited:

autoponicz