Marek-S

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Bad things are always happen when we gone , this time was no difrent . While on vacation in Vegas my return pump stopped working , could of lost everything , but lucky me I called Fredro and he saved my day by coming over my house within 25 min and switching the pumps -- so THANK YOU very much brother !!!!
Any time you'll need my help - just call , I'll be at you service :)

Any one alse have bad story to tell while they away ???--- Let's hear it .

pbjelly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I went out of town for the weekend and a tiny cherry mata anemone that had been happily attached to a rock for more than a year, decided to take a lap around my nano.
It's new home? Right on the stalk of a yellow fiji leather.
I got home just in time to watch my shrimp die and see every coral in the tank lose all of it's zooxanthellae.

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I went out of town for the weekend and a tiny cherry mata anemone that had been happily attached to a rock for more than a year, decided to take a lap around my nano.
It's new home? Right on the stalk of a yellow fiji leather.
I got home just in time to watch my shrimp die and see every coral in the tank lose all of it's zooxanthellae.

OMG
I'm sorry

Marek-S

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
To make things worst I just found out that my royal pencil wrasse is missing - so I started looking around and found him in an overflow box . She looks very stressed out , I'm not sure how long she stayed there - hope she will recover
I guess I need to cover the overflow box somehow - that's the second fish that jumped in there

Last edited:

Marek-S

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Pencil wrasse seems to be ok - eating and active :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 129

Gdemos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have been thinking of ways to configure my apex to alert me in the case of a return failure.

A float switch in the sump. Set it so it makes contact when tank water drains to sump following a pump failure and up she goes. Run the switch wire to controller breakout box and set to notify you by text/email. I learned the hard way.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: