Ok let me start by saying what i am packing,
105 gallon Deep Sea Aquatics
Elite Aquatics sump about 30 gallons
Danner Mag 18 return pump up graded from a Danner 12
Maxspect Razzot Gyre
Maxspect Led's
Vertex 180i soace Saver Skimmer
BRS GFO reactor

So my issue is that something is going on and i don't know why the skimmer is not picking up any dirt its constantly skimming wet and not giving me that black crap. I have tried raising it lowering it you name it i tried it. The tank its sef has great flow but i keep getting these formations of detritus on the sand bed and this like brown looking strings on corals and rocks, i don't understand what the hell is going on. I assure you its not the skimmer because i had a Vertex 150 before and it was doing the exact same thing.
My parameters are all at 0 i have tested them last night. So please someone help me out with my issue.

Attachments

• IMG_2289.JPG
    IMG_2289.JPG
    309.3 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2284.JPG
    IMG_2284.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2286.JPG
    IMG_2286.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_2287.jpg
    IMG_2287.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_2288.jpg
    IMG_2288.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 245

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
you will always get some, and your skimmer is in to shallow of water, should be around 8" depth. and you will deffinately get it in the fuge with the rock in there

ivandrago

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
As i stated up top i have tried it at both levels even on the floor it still not skimming (i have it right now skimming on the bottom of the sump and still all i am getting is wet skim, only wet its been like that for the past 3 month since i got it. But the detritus is out of controll i clean the glass an 2 days later i am getting it on the glass and pretty heavy. Still something is not clicking with the skimmer its not giving me that dark nasty stuff. Could it be the skimmer is to big for my tank although the skimmer is rated from 90 gallons and up. I just don't know what else to do at this point.

ivandrago

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
yes i am getting alot of diatoms in the fish tank and i am thinking its because of the skimmer not picking up the crap. So far i have 3 Fish and next week i will be adding a powder bron tang and a paired figi wild caught orang skunk clowns

ivandrago

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

My omega 150. Running on Elos 90 gallon elos and 20 gallon frag tank. It is sitting in 7.5 inches of water. This is one day and half worth of skimmate. Still think its a POS?

I had the omega 150 and it did the same as the 180 unless you wana come show me wtf I am doing wrong, you are more than welcome. How is your omega set up how is it configured ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: