tommys

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am thinking about switching lighting on my tank from echotech radions g3 to ATI Powermodule t5 led light. My tank is a 6ft tank 27 high 27 wide mostly sps. I am thinking because want to try something different. I feel the 3 radions are not covering tank as much as I would like. I would like your opinion to see what everybody thinks. Radions are the only lights i have used .

Last edited:

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
If you are using a canopy, consider adding some 80w T5 retro kit supplement to the existing Radions. Probably two 5' T5s in front and back of the Radions will fill in the dimmer areas.
I did this with a 32" Pacific Sun Hyperion LED fixture on a 48"x24"x24" tank. With just two 36" T5s also in front and back of the LED fixture, I feel that it filled in the narrow spectrum of the LED rig. I tried a bunch of bulbs and ended up just using pure actinic T5 bulbs to supplement and not over power the LED spectrum. It's utilized 7 hours vs the 12 hour LED photo period so that the sunrise/sunset of the LED rig is still functional.
Just an idea for you to mull over.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
You would need a 60" 8 bulb fixture, I suggest adding a reefbrite or 2 (front and back) for added pop to the spectrum, but this is not really necessary. For SPS, T5 is pretty much plug and play. It will certainly make SPS keeping easier for you.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Rich,
If I ever go back to just one medium sized tank, Halides and VHO would make a comeback also for me.
Just can't kick LEDs to the curb due to energy, heat, bulb changes, instant on/off, too many cons for my arena on having a nice tank like yours :D

Tommy,
That is a nice rig your looking at, also a nice chunk of change but who am I to say price wise since I was a Solaris owner (had to skip a few mortgage payments on that fiasco).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: