deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
whats up everyone i was cleaning out some LR that i just got in the other day,i had a pair of brand new dishing washing gloves but after handling some rock it got few rips in it and now i have these splinter feelings in my fingers here and there.any idea? maybe dead bristol worms?i didnt see any in the gloves or water,but then again the water was murky.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
give duct tape a shot... place it on ur finger were the spot feels like you have the things that feel like splinters and then take the duct tape off.. usually works well if you have bristle's from the worms in ur finger ;)

barebucta

Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
Willing to bet it's b/c of bristleworms. Happends to me everytime i clean my tank, yet I still don't use gloves:irked: Like Tony said try duck-tape, then soak in some alcohol or peroxide. Then just wait a week or two and eventually the pain will go away. I got stung really bad a few months ago and my index finger looked like a sausage, no exaggeration.

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well, for all those girly men out there. Here is my recommendation. Nitrile, powder free gloves with rubber bands. You can get a box of 100 pair for like 15 bucks at a hardware store. Why Nitrile? Because nitrile is tear and puncture resistant, yet thin enough where you will be able to feel what you are doing.
Needless to say, I still stick my hand in the tank without gloves once in a while. lol

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was holding a piece of purple monti cap in place as I was gluing it. Out of no where the fingers that were touching the frag started to burn really bad. I guess it takes some time and enough pressure but I was somehow stung by the monti cap. My fingers were red for several hours.

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
YO, i had the same thing happen to me but i didn't think it was related to the tank. it hurts like hell.

i still won't use gloves. it's for girly men:shhh:
lmao,,your badscar.the only reason why i used them this time was because the first time i cured LR i kept scraping my fingers and i never had this happen this time around i aint want to go through that and then look what happens.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: