Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Can someone advise the best website or LFS to start shopping for new tank. Looking for approx. 30-50 Gallon with fuge. Wanted to stay away from using a sump/skimmer.

Thanks....

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yes, I want a fuge built in. I was originnaly told (a few years ago) that you should not have to run both a fuge and a skimmer. Has that changed ?
If so , then yes I would run both. Can you tell me what I should be looking for if that is the case.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
A fuge and skimmer provide different positive attributes to your system. A protein skimmer is designed to remove DOC's (Dissolved Organic Compounds) also known as proteins ;) . A fuge is meant to provide a place for macro algaes to grow and take up nutrients (nitrates and phosphates) that cause nuisance micro algae growth in your display. As the macro algae grows in your fuge, you prune it to remove, or export, those nutrients. A fuge is also a safe haven for pods to multiply. Pods are a natural source of food for numerous marine fish.

If you're interested, I've got two brand new maple hex tanks. If I recall correctly, one is 33 gallons and the other is either 36 or 40 gallons. They both have their original stickers on them and have never seen water. LMK if you're interested.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: