fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Since I have gotten my sexy shrimp, they constantly hang out on my acans. Whenever I feed the tank and the acans have food in or on them, the shrimp tear every bit of food out of them. Recently the acans have been not opening to their full amount, at least the ones close to the corner that the shrimp hang in. I saw the other day that one of my favorite, green, fast growing acans had one of its heads gone, with the skeleton exposed. I looked online and as usual, most people that have complained about this are given the answer that the acans are just there eating dead tissue and not causing it. Well I beg to differ, these little s*#ts are killing my acans. Has anyone else had this happen?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 62

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
I've suspected that my sexy shrimp were picking at a few of my LPS as well. I noticed the corals that the sexy shrimp tended to lurk on were closing up and a couple of them were releasing this white string. I can't say for certain that the sexy shrimp were the cause and they just happened to be perched on top of the corals that didn't look good but I decided to start feeding the tank a little more. This was in my nano tank that I fed sparingly in an attempt to keep my nutrient levels down. I started feeding more often to make sure the shrimp were getting enough food and the corals in question all rebounded and looked fine. Again, I can't prove this is what happened but the chain of events do point to it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: