BuGG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
No they dont. But read up on the lifecycle of ich. Your live rocks may hide ich until they find a new fish to host. 3-4 weeks fishless is usually the best practice.

dadat1968

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Wow..!its sounds like its more easier to let the rocks dry and start all over.. I am still not 100%!sure if I have an Ich .. I saw about 3-4spots on my clown. It can be sand. But need to know process in advance

FrankieBones

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
145   0   0
All fish you buy from the lfs most likely carry ich. Ich cysts come out due to stress. If the stress is removed, the fish can fight off the parasite. Some fish like tangs can get stressed easily and more prone to show ich cysts. It is best to qt your fish. Your clowns are hardy and if you reduce the stress, the fish will fight it off. Try turning off the lights for a few days to minimize stress. Good luck.

jvu61

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a uv light can also be helpful. it will not kill the cysts but it should kill any of the parasites that pass through the light. if you do go to a uv you must also make sure you have the correct gph going through as the water must be exposed to the light for the proper amount of time.

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
ick is always present in any tank its when fish get stressed out that it attacks them if they are healthy just feed them more and they should get rid of it( the only way to eliminate ick is with copper and i dought that you want to use it in a reef system)

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Stress has nothing to do with a fish being attacked by Ich. A healthy, non-stressed out fish, can get Ich just as well as a stressed out fish, but a healthy, non-stressed out fish may be better able to fight the Ich off, though plenty of healthy fish do die from Ich. Ich isn't always present in tanks, as it can be eliminated and kept out, QT fish is a must. Copper is one way of getting rid of Ich, probably the best, but Hypo and the transfer method also do work. Then again it mayn't even be Ich is the first place, as a lot of dieases/parasites cause similar symptoms as Ich.

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I can chase and stress my fish out all day and no ich....ive gone through ivh twice and have also gone fallow twice to get rid of it....there is no ich in my tank....so the statement that every tank has ich and that every fish has ich and stress brings out ich cysts is completely false

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: