• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I really like this thing. I put it in my 265 gal. So I'm using a Jebao DC-12000 return and this Gyre to move all the water and WOW! I gotta admit I dont have 300 lbs of Live rock in there because I plan on having this tank a long time and expect my SPS take up lots of space. Had to rearrange or reglue some pieces. Also had no idea that my sandbed was so dirty already, but 2 days and 3 filter sock changes later my tank looks clearer. My fish also like to swim one direction at the top of the tank and the other direction at the bottom. I mounted it about 5 or 6 inches from the water line and dont hear any noise yet and the tank is 7ft long and the plate coral I have at the opposite side is recieving plenty of circulation.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
nice Bioman I put mine in 1 week ago on my 210 and love the movement
do you have two or just one?
only thing my sand bed has a bunch of hills and valleys now

Im only using 1 right now. My sandbed was the first thing I noticed, (full blast >>>> ) my sand is black and I thought I was been doing a decent job keeping it clean until I installed this thing. I turned off my skimmer all weekend and let the filter socks catch everything. I changed my 7" socks a few times saturday and I think the tanks been pretty good. Did a 10% water change for good merit, tested my water now its business as usual.
Last night I set it to alternate at 60% < * > alternating every 2 minutes. Fish seem more active.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
On pulse mode I noticed the polyp sway almost bounce which to me looks more natural. Right now I've got it mounted vertical and giving it a week to see what happens.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: