Anyone have experience with caribSea Bahamas Sand?
I'm looking for Sand for my new 80 gallon rimless build and really want some fine grained bright white sand. Petco has
CaribSea Arag-Alive Bahamas Oolite Aquarium Sand on sale and I was thinking about getting 100pounds. It's .25-1mm in size, is that to small? Should I be concerned about it blowing all around.

If anyone has any recommendations for some fine grain bright white sand I would appreciate it, thanks.

http://m.petco.com/product/121742/CaribSea-Arag-Alive-Bahamas-Oolite-Aquarium-Sand.aspx

What about this stuff?

http://naturesocean.com/aquarium-supplies/aragonite-sand1.html

Its Natures Ocean Dry Aragonite #1 Sand. Its 1.2-1.7mm and pretty white. Its not very popular because i cant find much online within the reefer forums, only reviews i found were on the sites that sell it (dont trust). I just ordered 100pounds for $60. if i dont like the way it looks i guess i could send it back before i open it. Im trying to get a good balance between being very white and tiny grained but not to tiny that a powerful powerhead would blow it all around .

Last edited:

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Looks promising. Anyone ever use the nature oceans before or are currently using? Is it good enough for the snails, wrasses, gobies, etc to sift and burrow? Grain sizes seem pretty large. Couldn't find a price on it

I'm starting new fresh so it's a little bit of a different situation then you. I'm starting the system with 80 pounds of dry brs reef saver rock and 100 pounds of dry sand. I don't trust any1 else's sand (fireworms) so I won't seed it with anything. I guess the cleanup crew will bring some stuff along eventually. I will probably use a raw shrimp or something to start the cycle.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I actually messed up when I switchmy reg petco 75 to A deep blue 75rr tank by using old sand and now there's a black layer under the white top layer and I'm guessing it's all dead matter.. Now trying to figure out what I should do at this point.. I've been wanting to add more sand to make 3-4 inch sand bed but don't wanna bury the bad stuff.. Don't mean to steal your thread but any info would help..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: