Rating - 100%
36   0   1
Its not an easy move might as well start from scratch, if you have any one you trust maybe they can watch your corals while you set up. My freind did that for me while inset up my new tank. Picked them up later on, of course he was near, you might need to overnight your ur corals.

ReefWreak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
You can take your corals and fishes down in rubbermaid containers with tank water and airstones, and once in FL you can get a same-day tank fill of ocean water pretty easily, then just acclimate your rock, coral, and fishes to the new tank.

It's a pain, and a lot of steps that I'm glossing over (a quick google search would help you greatly, as it has been discussed a million times on Reefcentral and other sites), but it's definitely doable. When I was in college I moved my coral-filled 24g nano cube back and forth from north to south FL a number of times (8 hour drive), never having any losses, and I never even used an airstone, just rubbermaid tubs and the tank in the back seat.

Actually I quickly googled it and this link came up first, and made sense. Then a lot of RC links that were good too. It's been done and posted about many times.
Good luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: