• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
You're gonna have to be a little more specific. Is it just on the and of on the rocks? What size is the tank, what other fish are in the tank? How old is the tank? Are there any signs of anything on the fishes skin?

francisedward1993

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i dont know much about reef yet since i just started but the tank has been running for about 2 months now or so..55g tank..checked the ph,nitrate,nitrite and ammonia and theyre all good..i havent seen any scratches on the tank at all before i bought the tang this morning, and when i got home there was scratches on the tank and i would constantly see the tang rubbing herself to the side of the glass..soo idk..

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
The tank is way too small and way too new. Regardless of the tank scratches or whatever, the best thing that you can do for you and the fish is return it to the LFS. AFTER your tank FULLY cycles, make sure you do your research on ANY animal that you plan on adding to your tank before you do.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
The tank is not to small for any small tang for now, but it will eventually get bigger then you would need to upgrade or re-home the fish..so that's not your problem
But your tank at the moment is not mature enough for any tang till it properly cycles

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it's acrylic, the tang didn't scratch the glass. Now, on to the tang flashing against the glass: watch closely when it happens. If it's picking with its mouth, it's eating so be happy. If it's scratching it's side/gill area, be worried. Flukes and ich are the 2 likely causes in that event, in which case, shame on you for not quarantining.

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Guess my current tank and previous tank has never finished cycling...live rock, live sand, saltwater....week later sacrificial damsel and never look back....too bad the sacrificial damsel always survives....I really don't get people who's wait months and months....I mean I know why, but there's no way I coukd wait that long staring at an empty tank day in.and day out. I rather pay extra and get live rock that has already been established...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: