doma25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took all 200+ lbs of live rock out, siphoned the sand, left the live stock in and scrub each rock to rid the rocks of the nuisance algae. I then re-aquascaped the tank with an "atlantis theme" in mind. This is the first time I am using non-rock structure in my tank.

The tank is a 150 gallons, 6' long and yes there are fish in the tank. They are all just so shy. I have 2 clowns, a royal gramma , a flame angel and a hippo.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!

Attachments

• IMG_4102.jpg
    IMG_4102.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_4103.jpg
    IMG_4103.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_4108.jpg
    IMG_4108.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_4109.jpg
    IMG_4109.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Looks fine. Slightly different since not many people use ornaments. Anthens type theme? What are your plans, reef/fowlr?

Why are the AIs so high if you have a canopy? Probably lifted it real quick but seems funny not where it's supposed to be.

Last edited:

doma25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the comments! An athens theme works also. I was saying "lost city of atlantis above)

I am 90 percent a fowlr, however, i have a large toadstool in the middle (hosted by clowns) and a large zoanthid rock on the right.

I have a chocolate chip starfish in there that obviously isn't reef safe but it doesn't bother those two corals.

doma25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
loving all the comments! I am too attached to my chocolate chip star to get more corals! Maybe i can get more leathers as i know he doesn't touch those.

What other fish should I get. I want to see an active tank! I haven't added fish out of the fear of fighting and stress between the animals

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
some schooling fish would look nice in that tank. My favs are Anthias but, they require multiple feedings a day. Second to that are Fire fish. they will stay in a general area and dart in and out of the rockwork.

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
I like the "Lost City of Atlantis" theme. Since you are using this mainly as a FOWLR tank, and as suggested, schooling fish such as the green chromis (school near the top of the tank), cardinals (middle to bottom), etc... that don't grow to big will give the city an added feeling of depth. You've done a great job with the scape, so kudos to you!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: