Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ok Cyanide is a poison that can kill a human being in a very short time, so I guess you can say it is not only bad for the reef, it's pretty much bad for anything living. concentrated or diluted I think it's a bad idea to use it.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Yup. that's right for the dry rock.
Retail for a lot of LR in CA is less $2.0 too.
Oh, is the busted rocks dry or live? I did not check the details of the article.

I would say the rock is dead dry rock, they were shipped in a container from Haiti to Florida, hard for anything to stay alive in a container and the heat it is subjected to during the boat ride.

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
lfs,

I don't know who here "goes through fish and coral" but if you can't keep anything alive you need to take a good look at how you set your tank up, your husbandry regimen, and where you are getting your fish because something is seriously wrong.

FYI, when I use that term I don't only mean killing things. There are a lot of reefers that just need to make room or want to trade for a particular coral or change types of tanks or whatever. It is not necessarily that brand of irresponsibility that is the highlight here. The point of the term was to get people thinking about how much coral/fish etc goes into their tank in a year and to extrapolate for an rough idea of the volume of demand on wild collected stock.

E

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: