Rating - 100%
36   0   1
Youre going to have to use the ethernet port and a witeless network adapter thats what i did, since my router is dual band the apex is on its own frequency 2.4 while lap tops and iphones are on 5.4 i believe no interference and communicates with no problem. I occassionally check on my tank from work through apex fusion (shhhhhb dont tell no one)

grandmasterhash

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had this portable router already laying around and figured out how to get it to work. It's probably not the easiest option but it's cheap and does work. If you have a basic knowledge of routers and strong google-ing skills then you should be fine. I followed some online instructions someone posted.

http://amzn.com/B005WKIKA0

I have to powercycle it every 2wks or so when it quits on me but it suits my needs just fine since I rarely adjust settings away from home or look at the pretty graphs of temperature, etc. For $25 and a little legwork it'll get the job done!

Last edited:

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i bought a Netgear wnce2001, the one neptune recommends in the manual and hundreds of other reefers use, for my new apex. Cost $25 shipped off eBay and took all of 2 minutes to install and setup. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
i bought a Netgear wnce2001, the one neptune recommends in the manual and hundreds of other reefers use, for my new apex. Cost $25 shipped off eBay and took all of 2 minutes to install and setup. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

I am going to give it a shot now. I have cable inside wire molding running to my unit but it would be nice to remove it.

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I am going to give it a shot now. I have cable inside wire molding running to my unit but it would be nice to remove it.

I'd HIGHLY reccomend it. I had the same thing for the first few days of owning my apex last week. Like I said, it took longer to install the Velcro to mount the adapter than it did to press the WPS buttons on the router and adapter and it was up, running and I was done. There's nothing to it. Also, at $25, it's really a no brainer. Now setting up remote access and control of your apex from outside your network is a bit trickier, but that has nothing to do with the wifi. Hopefully that's already done

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: