P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Tickle the feet, slowly using your nail to pry it up. Be gentle. It may take up to 10 minutes, hopefully not. The trick is to get under the feet, after that it starts to release. At least that's my procedure. Good luck.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have heard of the ice idea, which is pretty similar to what you mentioned. Might be worth a try. I have never done it. So far i have never injured an anemone with my method. I don't know what effect the ice can have on it.

gnatp2

Greek god
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Good luck with this. It can be quite difficult. I had a couple that I needed to get rid of as well and had massive problems removing them. Keep at it. 30 mins of continous work is more like it in my experience. I ended up just annoying the foot of it with a credit card and that started to get him off. The rest just took so long that I eventually gave up and had someone else finish the job. patience is the key.... which i didn't have.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I have used the ice cube, credit card, and finger nail methods. All worked well for me in the past with healthy RBTA and GBTAs.

Power heads are risky and hard to do if you have a full tank where other inhabitants can be annoyed by the direct flow.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
i was recently discussing this same question on RG w/ calireef and deanos. here are some methods that may work, but be warned some take a long time.

-rubbing ice on the foot

-pointing powerhead(sometimes they won't let go, they'll just slide away from the flow but remain on the rock. you could try and place a small rock in hopes that the flow will direct it towards the new rock

-the method i tried was holding the rock upside down so that only the tentacles of the rbta touch the water. slowly the foot will dry and he will let go. if it's a big rock this may be the hardest method

good luck

neptune

Rating - 94.2%
65   4   0
put on a glove and finger pop her mouth they hate that.......she'll move mine did she blew up with water and started gliding in the current got shredded in the seio and now i have 30 of them in my tank....................
..........................................................jk/...................lol

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
LOL I guess the whole thread could boil down to "Piss it off and it will move" :lol2:

23_29_132.gif
I can't believe I want my mother in law to take lessons from an anemone!!!

swimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: