DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would ask, what is your budget at the top end, and then take it from there. From an Oceanic at the low end, to the Finnex M30 in the top end.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
oceanic is really nice, just seen it in person a few days ago and the new Reefer edition finnex M tank 30g is very nice also. make sure u see the new finnex not their standard 32g.

finnex comes with a MH fixture optional upgrad but costs about 200$+ more than the oceanic.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Any idea where online or in person to see the 29Gal Oceanic. I was on their website couldn't find it. Called and the dopey girl Barbara said they dont carry one.
Thx.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
thanks, I saw that thread (in fact I was in it) I was leaning toward that tank, based on your thread. I am trying to explore all the options first. I really like the refugium. I am heading to Country Critters the w.end to see what they have on display.

jgiordano

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you are in LI you can see the Biocube and NanoCube setup in Aquarium Adventures in Carle Place.

I am in the same boat as you I was leaning towards the Biocube but the lighting was weak, even w/ the Nanotuners upgrade.

I am leaning towards the Finnex 30 or the cadlights 22 (A new version w/ bigger refugium extension). Both have better lighting and more options.

jgiordano

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus Cadlights factory is in Brooklyn so I can pick it up as opposed to having UPS or Fedex throw it around...

If you buy the Cadlights the aquarium store next to the factory gives 10% off stuff.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well since you replied, let me tell you. I went out to country critters on Sat. morning to see what tanks they had. I came across a new Oceanic tank that one of the kids told me was not supposed to be out for like two years. It was a 45 gallon reef, cube. It was called a "Tech Tank.He said they sent it by mistake. He said the glass was better than Starfire (I think that's what it's called. It was BEAUTIFUL. Came with a stand and sump but had no price. He said ask the boss. When I paid for my chocolate chip (for my Harliquin) I asked the boss how much he wanted the that new Oceanic, he very uniterestedly told me to ask one of the kids itn the back. With that I decided this would hopefully be my last visit to this store. Anyway I am leaning to the Finnex as well. I like the Refugium. If you get one let me know I would love to see one.

jgiordano

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is another problem I am running into; most of the stores that I have been to haven't been that helpful. I was in Aquarium Adventures and asked a question and the kid answered me obnoxiously.

Where is Country Critters?

Well since you replied, let me tell you. I went out to country critters on Sat. morning to see what tanks they had. I came across a new Oceanic tank that one of the kids told me was not supposed to be out for like two years. It was a 45 gallon reef, cube. It was called a "Tech Tank.He said they sent it by mistake. He said the glass was better than Starfire (I think that's what it's called. It was BEAUTIFUL. Came with a stand and sump but had no price. He said ask the boss. When I paid for my chocolate chip (for my Harliquin) I asked the boss how much he wanted the that new Oceanic, he very uniterestedly told me to ask one of the kids itn the back. With that I decided this would hopefully be my last visit to this store. Anyway I am leaning to the Finnex as well. I like the Refugium. If you get one let me know I would love to see one.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
There is only one guy at Aquarium Adventure to talk to, Jarrod, tell him your from Manh.Reefs.
Country Critters is in Patchouge exit 64 off the LIE, its a real good store.They just don't appriacate their customers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: