ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
emp125g,

When ever you waterchange your big tank just waterchange the QT too. If you have fish in the QT, be sure use the big tank water that you just took out.

E

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
it depends on what equipment you're running and what you're feeding and how often.

i have a 12 gallon back home. i change 1 gallon a week but i feed very little. that tank has been going strong for more than 2 yrs. i think most people would say 1-2 gallons a week

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
emp125g,

it depends on what equipment you're running and what you're feeding and how often.

i have a 12 gallon back home. i change 1 gallon a week but i feed very little. that tank has been going strong for more than 2 yrs. i think most people would say 1-2 gallons a week

Actually scratch what I said, chazertis just jogged a thought in my empty gourd. I usually waterchange every week, but not everyone does. With a 10g you may get some instability so more frequently is better. If you don't do waterchanges every week on your large tank, you probably should on the 10g.

E

emp125g

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am using emperor 400 as the filter, 25w heater, 1 pvc pipe for hiding.
i added the pair o.clownfish and 2 shrimps on tuesday.
also feeding once per day
so, 10 % water change every week will be fine?

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
emp125g,

i am using emperor 400 as the filter, 25w heater, 1 pvc pipe for hiding.
i added the pair o.clownfish and 2 shrimps on tuesday.
also feeding once per day
so, 10 % water change every week will be fine?

I would think so. Just monitor the tank anytime something new goes in, for ammonia spikes, etc.

E

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: