Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hello all i haven't been up here for awhile but i have a question i recently obtained a BTA it doesn't have any color as of yet so not sure what type it is it has settled but doesn't seem to want to inflate can anyone help me my tank stats are below

220 gallon reef tank sps dominate

salinity: 1.026
NO3: 0.05ppm
Nitrite: 0.0ppm
ammonia: 0.0ppm
MAG: 1450
CA: 480
Alk: bet 7.5-8.0 7.5 at night
PO4: 0.08 Hanna tester

all tests were done right before posting any help would be good guys and gals

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Any pics? When you say inflate do you mean the base, or the tentacles? Also where is in the tank, and what lighting do you have? When mine deflated it was usually a matter of flow or lighting, either it was being baked in light or too much flow or a dead spot. New BTAs also do this when adjusting.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Any pics? When you say inflate do you mean the base, or the tentacles? Also where is in the tank, and what lighting do you have? When mine deflated it was usually a matter of flow or lighting, either it was being baked in light or too much flow or a dead spot. New BTAs also do this when adjusting.

sorry no pics but not the base definitely the tentacles and I'm running 5 vegas over my 220 and i have three MP40Wes and he moved to the location he is at on his own its a little rock with a opening in the middle he's attached his foot to the rock and is coming through the hole

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
also it seems like my two clowns noticed him because lately they are swimming mid tank and they never did that before unless it was feeding time they haven't bothered him it almost seems like they are waiting too lol

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
mine did that when i got him about a month ago. just now started opening up. hes in a corner between the glass and a rock. Clowns hosted it on day 2 and forced it open every single time, really interesting to watch BTW. he opened up when i moved my PH

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
mine did that when i got him about a month ago. just now started opening up. hes in a corner between the glass and a rock. Clowns hosted it on day 2 and forced it open every single time, really interesting to watch BTW. he opened up when i moved my PH

my fear is he will die of starvation because he's not eating i tried to feed him and he wouldn't close around the food and the damn peppermint shrimp came out and took it from him he wouldn't close around the food and what do you mean you moved your PH please explain

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
my fear is he will die of starvation because he's not eating i tried to feed him and he wouldn't close around the food and the damn peppermint shrimp came out and took it from him he wouldn't close around the food and what do you mean you moved your PH please explain

a lot of forums i have read have people who dont even feed their nems. Personally I turn off my pumps and slide down half a cube of frozen mysis (thawed) before a water change.

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I have 2
Propogated them
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428616976.250720.jpgyou can see him in the back

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: