karenvas3

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Has anyone used this timer/controller? Thinking about using it to control my lights. I am using LEDs with two plugs each. That will use up too many outlets on my apex. Any thoughts?

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I used the Coralife 01692 Digital Power Center before. It didn't take long before it stopped working. The Daylight outlets stayed on 24 hours a day, and night never turned on anymore. The 4 always on outlets stayed on too. It essentially became a 6 outlet extention cord. There was a manual switch to turn to day or night outlets which also didn't respond anymore.

karenvas3

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for the reply Ming. I have heard nothing but bad about these. Guess I'll bite the bullet and get something else.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I'm using the digital now and haven't any issues as of yet.
If you do get the digital keep in mind the timer has to cycle once after you set it.

Example : it's currently 6:30pm, if I set the timer for 6pm. Some folks would expect it to kick on since the current time is later than the assigned but it won't. Instead it will kick on the next day at 6pm. Same goes for the off.

Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: