Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Man i've been having some real issue with all my Ice Cap products, but there customer service has been great( Dave, Andy,Chris). my new issue is that i changed my lights to Ice Cap MH Ballast and XM bulbs DE and was having problems with bulbs firing up. I just learn that Ice cap ballast will have problems starting XM Bulbs that are DE. I was trying to figure out the problem for two weeks and just found that out. The other problem was that taking the bulbs in and out to try other bulbs i broke a brand new XM 10k bulb. Now i will have to sell the other two bulbs and buy three different bulbs for my setup... What bulbs work best with the ice cap DE ballast that are 10K. I called ice cap but they haven't returned my call yet.......
I hope they could do something for that bulb i lost... anyone interested in buying my two XM bulbs please contact me...

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
My understanding was that this was no longer a problem with XM bulbs, but it is not IC that changed their ballast, but XM that adjusted their bulbs. I guess not. I think most if not all other bulb choices are safe. DE lamps can be a real pain the remove. Randy
but if ice cap is aware of this problem i think they should atleast put some info of it in there product package, even though i do agree if xm made changes then it's there fault, Ice Cap still claims they can fire up every bulb...

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I think that was an really old issue, when the ballst first came out. XM had a unique starting freqency. I.C. Electronic ballast had problems with only XM bulbs, all bulbs fired up with no problems.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I think that was an really old issue, when the ballst first came out. XM had a unique starting freqency. I.C. Electronic ballast had problems with only XM bulbs, all bulbs fired up with no problems.
unless premium aquatics sold me 2 brand new old Ice Cap MH ballast. i don't think it's and old issue

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: