scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
i'll be making a trip to canal plastics tonight and since i don't have the tank yet i need some help in figuring out what height the oveflow box should be. it will be a 4' long 120g. i'm guessing if someone has a 90g they can also help since both tanks are the same height.

i wouldn't be so upset if they made it taller. i could always cut it down to size. i think i will get a 24" tall overflow. it will be a 90 degree corner overflow. how long should each side be 6", 8", etc.?

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
i think i will just order one from tim if he can get the mega overflow kits from AGA.

anyone have a mega flow box? don't need the plumbing just the box like so:
megaflow.jpg

SHOWN: MegaFlow™ single molded overflow aquarium​

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Please dont get the megaflow. Ugly and they kinda suck. It has a space in between which is supposed to suck water from the bottom also but stuff just gets stuck inside. Just make the box the same height as the glass and use a router to cut the teeth to the desired water level keeping in mind that depending on the gph of the return pum the water level will be higher or lower.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Please dont get the megaflow. Ugly and they kinda suck. It has a space in between which is supposed to suck water from the bottom also but stuff just gets stuck inside. Just make the box the same height as the glass and use a router to cut the teeth to the desired water level keeping in mind that depending on the gph of the return pum the water level will be higher or lower.

ok so no megaflow. but i still need to know the height inside the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: