cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Clean your skimmer well and start again:D

I am pretty sure the ETSS have a 4.5 inch or 5 inch diameter body and about 12"~15"total reaction chamber height, too small for twin becketts at full blast. Try dialing down the water flow into the skimmer and this will help with the foam level being too high. You should also try with one beckett running to see how that works.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Thanks everyone for your help. I finally got the skimmer working properly and I thought I should let everyone know what the issue was. My water level was constantly changing due to evaporation so I had to contunually adjust the skimmer. I now have the RO/DI water keeping the level consistent and I no longer have to adjust the skimmer. I believe because the Sequence 4200 I use for the skimmer is pressure rated, it performs different based on the water level.

If anyone has an old ETSS skimmer laying around, I recommend switching the injectors to becketts. My ETSS 750 is awesome with its new becketts!

I don't recall reading anything about water level and how it affects skimming but could be an interesting topic.

Thanks again!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: