reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I was just looking at my tank, and noticed one of my clownfish has what i can best describe as what looks like fiberglass splinters. If anyone has ever broken broken sheetrock in half and noticed the clear fibers that stick out of either end of the break, it looks like that.

the "splinters" are focused around and on the right eye, and around the mouth.

I tried taking pictures but the picture quality doesnt show anything out of the normal so you have to go off my description.

The clownfish also does not appear in any acute distress. Still eating, swimming, breathing normally.

Any ideas?

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definately a bristle worm. I had the same thing happen to one of my clowns. I watched a bristle worm come too close to their anemone and he bit it to chase it away. I was worried about the fish but the bristles fell out on their own and he was fine.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
i think this clownfish is either eating bristle worms or wants to be friends with them. Ive seen these bristles on his face disappear and reappear several times since this post.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: