Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
$1 a gallon scam

I went to a fish store that I have never been to near Roosevelt Field Mall. This store had a sign $1 a gallon sale. Then in small print it said something like there is a $50 or $75 surcharge. A 55 gallon tank would have cost $2 a gallon with the surcharge. I forgot the name of the store but what a scam.

I walked out of that place and went to aquarium village and got my $600 worth of fish and 2 qt tanks from them.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Reefer Ratings: (5 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Pet warehouse.... big mistake going to that store.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
Not really a mistake. I got to see how crappy the store is. I never even heard of this place. My girlfriend had to go to an arts and crafts store and this place was next store.

The crappy service I could deal with. The two employees were looking at pictures of Catlin Jenner while I am waiting around. I asked for help one employee told me to wait a minute. I waited 3 and then went to Aquarium Village. Putting a sign in the window saying a $1 a gallon and then having a hidden surcharge is scumy. At least put the surcharge price on the sighing in the window.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Send a Private Message
I've been to this pets warehouse as well as the one on sunrise highway. They do sell the common size smaller tanks at $1 a gallon. I believe the 75 and 90(could be 55 and 75) are that price plus $20. I recently bought a 75 to use as a sump for $95. This was cheaper than Aquarium village, who would not price match. Also the surcharge price IS on the flyer on the front door.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:37 AM
ReefBuilder
Reefer Ratings: (112 (100%)
Friends: (16)
Send a Private Message
The up charge is only $20. I bought a 75 gallon AGA for $95, and 3 20 longs for $60.00